1. Parent Ed Talk at WCC Opportunity:
– A reminder about the Parent Ed Talk for Grade 7/8 (Grade 6 parents welcome as well) parents happening Thursday May 30th at Wesbrook Community Centre. Pre Registration is highly recommended as space is limited!:–
Topic: What puts kids at risk for mental illness as they transition to high school?
Understand & Help the Transition to High School – 15951
Description: Do you have a child who will be making the transition to high school in the next few years? Ellen Jopling, a graduate researcher at UBC, will be speaking about what worries kids when transitioning to high school, and ways that parents might be able to help. Her 30 minute talk will be followed by a question period.
Child minding will be kindly provided by the Norma Rose PAC. To reserve a space please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your child’s name and age
Date: May 30th, Thursday
Time: 7 to 8p.m.
Location: Wesbrook Community Centre, Social Room
2. Car Free Day: It has been great to see all the kids walking, biking and rolling to school this week! It has all made a difference in the number of cars I see in the parking lots both at drop off and pick up. Thank you to the parents and kids who are participating!
A reminder that Ortona Road will be closed to cars this coming Friday May 31st!
3. Staff Appreciation Lunch: Thank you to all those who have already signed up. There are still more spaces that need to be filled so please check out : www.PerfectPotluck.com/ADHX2182
We are also going to need a few parents to help set up tables and the food about 11am as well as help clean up (mainly washing dishes and packing up the left over food). Please go to:
volunteersignup.org/P3LX9 or check out the NRP PAC Website – the link can be found on the Home page.
4. Updated Dates for a couple June School Activities: I want to let you know that there has been a couple changes to the NRP school activities calendar. Several of the dates previously sent out to parents have changed. For updates please check out the calendar which you can access through the NRP APP or the PAC Website. They are mainly around Sports Day and Beach Day.