Q: What curriculum is taught at Norma Rose Point?
NRP follows the BC Curriculum provided by BC’s Ministry of Education. Please refer to the following resources:
Resources from the BC Ministry of Education
- Official BC Curriculum website
- Glossary of Curriculum Terms
- BC Curriculum Model Videos
Q: How can I find information about the specific curriculum for my child’s grade?
Detailed information about curricular standards is available for each grade K – 9 on the BC Curriculum website. Please refer to https://curriculum.gov.bc.ca/curriculum to see the curricular competencies and content for any subject and specific grade level.
Q: How can I find out what my child has been learning in school?
If you have specific questions or concerns about your child’s learning, please ask your child’s classroom teacher directly. Other ways of keeping abreast of what students are doing at school include:
- Chatting with your child about school.
- Checking your child’s agenda or planner on a daily basis.
- Checking the online communication tools used by your child’s community. This might be FreshGrade or a community-specific blog/newsletter.
- Attending the Celebration of Learning event for your child’s community (at least 1 a year).
- Attending Parent-Teacher Conferences (October 2017 and March 2018).