2019 Lunch Menu:
Mark your calendars!
December 23rd the menu will be up and ready for ordering!
Food Bank Donations:
This is a call out to all parents who have not had the opportunity to bring in a non-perishable food item from donation to the UBC Food Bank and Greater Vancouver Food Banks yet. All donations must be at the school by 9:00am Friday. Here is a list of some items you could bring in:
- Pasta and pasta sauce
- Frozen food (such as frozen ready meals)
- Canned meat (tuna, chicken, salmon)
- Canned vegetables (peas, corn, chickpeas)
- Canned soup
- Baby products (diapers, formula, baby food)
- Granola bars
- Personal hygiene products
- Milk alternatives
Multicultural Day update:
The Event Committee held it`s first meeting last Friday. I wanted to share a little information that came out of the meeting:
Date: Monday Feb. 11th
Time: 9-3pm – all the K-5 classes rotate through the event and will have 45 minutes to enjoy the event.
- no food and weapon will be allowed at the cultural displays;
- cultural activities should be engaging and appealing to children age 5-11;
- preference should be given to the activities that minimize the mess;
- screen and projector might be needed for some performances;
- loudspeakers are needed for many performances;
- passports from the previous years should be printer for kids 1 week in advance;
- new stamps are needed for the cultural displays;
- coffee/tea and some snacks are needed for those volunteers who work on displays;
We have the following countries coming to be represented:
Ukraine. Iran, Japan, Brasil. Afghanistan and India
We would love to see more countries!! Please email me if you are interested and I will keep you updated on meetings etc.
2 thoughts on “2019 Lunch Menu, Food Bank, Multicultural Day Update”
This is Esaine, the Settlement Worker based at NRP & UHS here. With regards to Multicultural Day, I’m just wondering if you would like to have representation of a booth with Arabic or Egyptian cultural display? In our team, we’ve had something displayed at other school multicultural fair before. I can ask my colleagues if you wish.
Hi Essaine. It is Jody. We would love to have that representation! I know a parent from Saudi Arabia and wasngoing to talk to her as well.
On a side note I emailed you yesterday with a bit of info for the leadership group. Hoping you got it but it looked like the email kicked back to me.